photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

July 31, 2011

The Five Minute Makeover

It's hard to believe we only moved into our house a month ago.  My husband, Scott and I were just saying how it feels like we have lived here forever - it truly feels like home.
Since there are a ton of things I want to do to make each room feel special, cozy and like us I will be sharing all the before and after photos (we made some pretty dramatic changes) a bit later.
Here is just one small makeover I did after a recent trip to Target.  Our laundry tiny space room connects the family room to the garage and has become the main entry into our house.  The washer and dryer left from the previous owners were in great condition but the scratched tops and overall plainness of something that is seen so often was starting to get to me -- so what to do?!


Decals! I picked these babies up yesterday for $4.98 each  - down from $9.99 - score! There were several to choose from but I was drawn to the vibrant colors and thought they would look great against the stark white of the appliances.  I also liked the fact that they are replaceable - aka mistake proof - and that I could wrap them around the sides and corners of the machines.  Drum roll please.

BEFORE

AFTER



Overall I'm pretty happy with how they look - a little bit of whimsy in an otherwise dull space.  I also love that every time my 2 year old goes in the laundry room she says "Flowers!".  This little upgrade has inspired me to brighten up this room even more - maybe some paint, new shelving...we'll see.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...