photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

February 20, 2012

Magnetic Scrapbook Paper Frame

I love displaying photos on my refrigerator ~ just another thing that makes me happy(: Although magnetic frames are readily available at craft stores, I have never found one in a color that goes with my kitchen. So I thought I would try making one myself.

First, I gathered my supplies:
Scrapbook paper
Small poster board
Adhesive backed magnets
Spray adhesive (a hot glue gun would work)
See through ruler
Rotary cutting tool (scissors would also work)


I drew two 6 1/2" x 4 1/2"rectangles, and cut them out. 
On one of the rectangles, I drew and cut an opening 4 1/2" x 2 3/4".



I cut stripes from the scrapbook paper to cover the edges of the opening



and carefully glued them.



I attached the front and the back only along the edges of the sides and bottom ( I wanted to be able to change photos.)
Lastly, I added the magnets to the back.
It looks great along side some magnetic corks!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...