photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

September 13, 2012

Slow Cooker Short Ribs

As soon as the weather gets just a little cooler, I am so ready for comfort food.  Since I had a lot of errands to run today, the slow cooker was perfect.  And when I came home, the smell was incredible!


What I did ~  everything is approximate since I really didn't measure (:
Dusted three short ribs with a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.  Browned on all sides in a fry pan.




Combined 1 oz. can of tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon Paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/3 cup beef broth, and 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce.

Put carrots and onion slices to the bottom of the crock pot, added the ribs, and covered with the sauce.

Cooked on low for 8 hours.

Removed the beef from the sauce, and I used an immersion blender to make a sauce.

 Put the slices of beef over mashed potatoes, and covered with the tomato sauce.



Added a little parsley garnish, and dinner was ready! Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...