photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

December 4, 2012

DIY Advent Calendar

Last year I wanted to make an advent calendar but got started a little too late and it just didn't happen.  This year, I was inspired by this pin and ordered my supplies early enough to create an easy, inexpensive calendar that looks cute and the girls love.

I used small polka dot kraft bags, mini clothespins, red and white baker's twine and a bunch of stickers from Michaels.


The supplies.
 
I painted an old frame with leftover Moonshine paint and stapled five rows of twine onto the back .
 

 
 Then I added the stickers - spelling out the numbers on some to  mix it up.
 

 
 
I filled the little bags with candy, crafts, stickers and other trinkets that I would Layla like.  Hadley enjoys watching her open them.



Lastly, I used the min clothespins hang the bags from the twine.



I love it and it's fun to watch Layla run up to it each morning totally excited to see what her next "surprise" will be! Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...