photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

August 18, 2011

Five Year Anniversary

Five years ago today I married my best friend.  Our wedding day was one of the happiest of my life.




We were married at Bonnet Island Estate in LBI - New  Jersey.






I designed the wedding programs myself. Love how they turned out!



Our ceremony took place in a rustic boathouse. It was brought piece by piece from New England and rebuilt on the grounds.



There were 15 guest suites at the Estate where our family and friends stayed.  I painted these little wooden flip flops and hung them on our guests' door with raffia as a little welcome!


I gave my bridesmaids beach bags filled with J Crew flip flops (for dancing later), big beach towels, and a book picked especially for them. They also received a wooden
jewelry box that I painted filled with tiny shells and a
silver starfish bracelet to wear during wedding.











Our ceremony was performed by a Pastor we only met
once before the big day.  I knew he was the one when 
I saw his email address was "thesurfingrev"!   









Each tiny starfish was hot glued onto the place cards. 
My Dad will tell you that was no easy task!






We wanted to bring a little piece of Scott's hometown, Bridgehampton, NY,  into the wedding so while
visiting we drew numbers in the sand at the beach
and photographed them to use a table numbers.



The inside of the ballroom was built to look like
the inverted hull of a ship - so beautiful!



We used an old crab trap that my brother, sister and I
used to catch crabs when we were kids to collect cards.



Instead of a guestbook guests wrote their
well wishes directly on sand dollars. 
Displayed in this big glass jar I look at these every day.



I wanted our wedding favors to be not only something people
would like but something that was represented the location
of our wedding - what better than salt water taffy! 
I had these labels designed and actually sent the artist a photo of Scott's tie so she could draw it accurately.





happy day.  happy life. very lucky girl. 
Pin It

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Fabulous time at a fabulous wedding! Happy Anniversary!

Mimi and Tilly said...

Happy anniversary, I have so enjoyed looking at your photos. What a beautiful wedding. Em x

PrairieGarden-Liane said...

what a beautiful wedding and venue!
Happy Anniversary :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...