photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

August 19, 2011

Found - LA Design Concepts

I don't know about you, but whenever I search for fabric, wallpaper or rugs I like online and find out that the company doesn't sell it directly through their website I get so frustrated!  A lot of these designer items are only made available through an interior designer  - meaning you need hire a designer pay them for their services as well a huge mark up (usually 90-100%) for these products. Boo!

I was recently searching for this Thomas Paul fabric online:


And unlike other times (like with Schumacher fabrics - i.e. Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis and all of Trina Turks' fabrics) I actually found sites that were selling this directly to the public but at $55/yard it was a little out of my price range.  So I decided, based on this post by Holly at Decor8, to try obtaining it through LA Design Concepts.




Frank Keshishian launched L.A. Design Concepts in 1987 after recognizing the growing need to provide convenient access to designer furnishings at more attainable prices. His vision has been to create a nationwide service that provides this kind of access for consumers who don't necessarily need design assistance or may not be able to afford an interior designer.  Sounds good to me!

So last week I contacted them through this form on their website and requested pricing for the Thomas Paul fabric.  I received a very quick response stating that they could get me the fabric at $38/yard.  YAY!




Not only do they have great pricing on those hard to find pieces, but they also can provide you with a letter of introduction, which enables you to gain access to your local design center's "To The Trade Only" showrooms. This letter kindly requests showroom staff to provide you with information tear sheets on items selected.  Nice!

I'll write a follow up post once I receive the fabric which is currently back ordered. Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...