photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

October 20, 2011

Simple Lampshade Makeover

During my weekend trip to Michael's for materials for Layla's Flower Princess Halloween costume I came upon a whole new section of Martha Stewart craft supplies.  I was super excited to find a set of stencils with a very similar design to the stair stencils I mentioned here - minus the $40 price tag!

Got this set of eleven designs for $16.99!




So I thought I would try out my stenciling skills on a white drum lampshade that I bought at Target to use with the $2 yard sale lamp I  bought this summer. 

Here's how it turned out:


Kinda cute - right?


Up close you can see my spacing mistakes - oops!

There are four designs that I would like to try on our stairs.  Hopefully I will be able to tackle that project in the next two weeks. 

Maybe, in the meantime, I should practice a little more! Pin It

1 comment:

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Ooooh, all of those patterns are cute! I'll have to look for that the next time I head to the store.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...