photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 25, 2011

Found Friday - Alicia Paulson

If you like to embroider, I have the perfect site for you ~ Posie Gets Cozy!  In addition to her incredible books, Alicia has embroidery and sewing patterns that you can buy online.  The directions are clear and easy to follow.

I purchased her ABC Daisy Chain sampler pattern (I was too late to purchase the kit ~ they sold out quickly!)to make for Layla's bedroom. 

The result was beautiful:



My daughter-in-law, Emily, liked it so much that she asked if I could make something similar for Cole's playroom.  I used Alicia's pattern, but just altered a few things to make it just right for a boy. 

I changed the background color from a gold to a brown and the embroidery floss colors from pinks to blues.  Although I loved the font designs Alicia created in the original sampler, I altered a few flower letters.

Emily and I are very pleased with the result.



Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Enjoy the weekend!!
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Oh, I just love the one your made!! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...