photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was amazing and included lots of family, food, football and fun! I have to send out a GINORMOUS thank you to my Mom for everything she did (which was just about everything) to make the first Thanksgiving in our new home truly special and tasty!

A few photos from the day...

I used a colorful floral tablecloth to go with a the red flower design on the dinner plates and contrast with the numbered salad plates.  I made the leaf place cards with leaves from our backyard that I had dried out and added a thin layer of gold paint and a red fine-tipped sharpie to write everyone's name.

No conventional place settings here!

 
We had a separate kid's table for Layla and Cole.  I covered the table with white paper and put a little pail of crayons in the middle so they could entertain themselves while we ate - that lasted about 5 minutes! 


Kid's table.

I crumbled up a brown paper bag to make the "drumsticks" and cut the bone out of white cardstock.  Then glued on a few wood letters that I had left over from another craft project.

Drumstick!




I think this pretty much sums it up!



Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your centerpiece...so happy & creative :) Beautiful!
~Jen

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

Love the patterns! stopping in from CG!

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

SO DARLING!! What a beautiful and fun table, nice job. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...