photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

February 28, 2012

An Expedit in the Family Room

Hi! Two weeks ago I mentioned here that we had just bought a big white Expedit shelving unit for our family room.  And now, after about and hour and half last Sunday, it is assembled and fully - well, full. 


The beginning of my vintage white pottery collection will hopefully grow on top of the unit!

I wanted a piece that would be big enough to fill the large wall next to our fireplace but not feel too overwhelming in the room.  I also wanted it to be functional (e.g. storage space) as well as pretty. 


From top left. 1. Design Books 2. Feathers I made out of paint chip samples
3. Vintage soda bottle (I literally dug this sucker out of the ground at Scott's Great Uncle's farmhouse!) made pretty with a vintage label I bought on etsy and two billy buttons.
4.Glass canister with vintage spools of thread 5. Paper deer head mounted on a wall decal mounted on a wallpaper sample
5. HAPPY (our wedding song) wood plaque from Target

The fabric covered books and an owl bookend.


From top left. 1.Flipped over glass vase filled with Scott's old matchbox cars.
2. One of my favorite wedding photos. 3. My little dumpling Hadley. 4. More design books.
5. Glass canister filled with signed sand dollars (we used this as the guest book at our wedding)
6. My lovely Layla Lou.

Layla enjoying a movie.

The flowered storage boxes on the bottom are Orla Kiely for Target (from a few years ago) and the woven ones are from Michaels. 



Now we just need to replace the small nightstand "media center" currently occupying the right side of the fireplace.  I'd like something about a third of the height as Expedit so we can hang some kind of quirky family portrait above it. 

We'll see! Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...