photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

May 7, 2012

Individual Monkey Bread Cups

Monkey Bread is one our (my brother, sister and I) favorite desserts/breakfast treats.  It is tradition for my Mom to make it for just about every holiday breakfast and I think someone even requested it as a birthday one year!

Since my parents were visiting for Layla's 3rd birthday party and Easter was the next day my Mom of course brought all the yummy ingredients to create her specialty.

Then, after they left, I realized there was one roll of Pillsbury Grands (the base for the bread) left in our fridge so I decided to make a smaller version of it for me and Layla one morning.




Muffin-sized Monkey Bread!  Turned out great!  Perfect with your morning coffee!





To make your own full-sized version:

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon. 2 Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan. 3 In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces. 4 Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
Or you can separate out the pieces of dough into cupcake liners in a muffin tin like I did! 
ENJOY!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...