photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

October 16, 2012

Toy to Trinket Makeover - Part I

After another day of picking up toys, I realized that a bunch of the girls' storage bins were filled with toys that they never play with for the simple reason that they have out grown them.  I love downsizing the number of unused items around our house but I saw some potential in the two toys (a wooden teether and a plastic teether/toy) below.  
 
Today I'm going to post about the first toy to trinket makeover - using the plastic object.
 
Nice shapes...lots of possibilities!
I thought the outer-spacey feel of this toy might be a good little object to add to our bedroom dresser. So I bought some metallic gold spray paint and got to work.


The "BEFORE".
After two light (mostly even) coats I got the look I was after. 


Love how it adds some (more) quirkiness to our bedroom dresser...
 
 
 
I'll post the second toy to trinket makeover with the wooden teether on Thursday!
 
 

Pin It

1 comment:

Isobel Morrell said...

Like the idea of rejuvenating the trinkets this way - but thought you were into down-sizing and clearing out? Seems to me you're finding another way to keep things!

The thought is there, anyhow - isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...