photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

January 25, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Friday - Branch Painting

Before Christmas, on one of those unseasonably warm days, Scott, the girls and I spent some time out front trying to get rid of all the dead branches, twigs and leaves that remained after digging out the two bushes near the porch.  While throwing the branches into a pile I saw one that looked sculptural (to me at least) and decided to try something I had seen pinned a few times - painting it!


The supplies: tree branch, paint and painter's tape.

After taping different width strips of tape around the branch I started painting.

After letting the paint dry for a few minutes I carefully removed the painter's tape.

Looks pretty on the hutch in our dining room!







 
 
Happy Friday!!

Pin It

1 comment:

Eyelah said...

That is a really cool idea. How do you find the right branch to use?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...