photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

July 25, 2013

No-Knead Needed Bread

When my children were young, I would make yeast bread occasionally, but I haven't made it in years!  When I saw this recipe for a bread that didn't require kneading on Williams-Sonoma's site, I truly didn't think it would work.  Boy, was I wrong!  My son-in-law said it even tasted like one of the breads served at Panara's. 

It's one of those easy recipes that truly turns out perfect.  And you can add your own creativity with the addition of herbs and spices.


Easy recipe:
In a large bowl whisk together 3 cups of flour, 1/4 teaspoon yeast, 1 3/4 teaspoon salt. (I also added approximately 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary and 2 teaspoons of chopped lemon zest.)  Add 1 3/4 cups of water.  Stir until a dough forms.

 
 

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit overnight ~ 12-18 hours ~ in a warm spot (I used the top of my stove.)  It will rise and bubbles will appear on the top.
In the morning, preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
Once the temperature is reached, put your cast iron pan with a lid into the oven ~ I used my Le Creuset pot ~ for 30 minutes.
While the pot is heating, flour a surface, and form your dough into a ball, allow to rest.



At the end of the 30 minutes, CAREFULLY remove the lid and put the dough into the pot.



Cover and allow to bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

The result will be a crusty bread that is delicious to eat!


Enjoy!  ♥

Pin It

4 comments:

Eyelah said...

that looks amazing... thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

this looks sooooo yummy! I've been wanting to try this (or a version of it :D) but don't have a cast iron pot - do you think a oven proof metal one would work?

Patricia said...

Hi, Elizabeth~ I am sure that an oven proof metal pan would work. Just be extremely careful since it will be very hot after sitting in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

thanks! I'll give it a try :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...