photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

September 24, 2013

A Cool Soup for A Cool Day

Hello!  So recently I have become enamored with Gwyneth Paltrow's two cookbooks.  Her first book, My Father's Daughter, is the only cookbook that I have ever picked up that didn't leave me feeling intimated or overwhelmed by all the ingredients or steps it takes to make something tasty.  Although, there were some of the ingredients I had never heard of before, but there was a good explanation of why she chooses to use them and all of them were healthy (mostly organic and sugar free).

Her second book, It's All Good, is a bit more intense and focuses on eating a mostly gluten, dairy and sugar free diet.  I'm trying to get us all to eat better around here so I have been using both books as sources of inspiration for healthier meals and snacks.

Last night I whipped up a soup that I knew everyone would love.  It was simple to make and had good (whole) ingredients that tickled our taste buds and filled us up!








For the girls I just added a few croutons and black beans.


I added brown rice and a little spice to mine!


cold avocado cucumber soup
from gwyneth paltrow's book 'it's all good'

ingredients:
2 avocados, pitted and chopped
2 cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and chopped
2 limes, juice
1 tsp. sea salt
 
directions:
put avocado, cucumber, lime juice and salt in a food blender and pulse until creamy and smooth. put in the fridge until ready to serve or do what we did and eat immediately!
Empty bowls = Happy Mama!




Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...