photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

September 23, 2013

Decorative Sheet Set DIY

Wow, the cool autumn air has inspired (or refreshed) me to do some new decorating!  My newest project is one of our guest rooms.  I decided to go with pink and gray and a pop of navy ~ really into those colors now.
I wanted to keep the sheets white to go with the white furniture, but they seems so plain.  A decorative stitch was the way to spruce them up.


First, I measured the cuff on the pillowcases, and drew a line with a water soluble pen at the half way point.  For me it was 2 1/2 inches.



Using the line as my guide, I picked a decorative stitch from my sewing machine.  I did experiment with several until I found the one I liked.  Then I stitched.

I repeated the process with the top sheet, and voilà ~ I have a pretty new set of sheets! ♥


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...