photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

December 20, 2013

A Last Minute Teacher Gift

Hi there and happy Friday!  I cannot believe Christmas is only five days away!  Luckily all my shopping is finished but I see a whole lot of wrapping is my future. 

Last year I shared the gifts we made for Layla's preschool teachers.  Well this year the room mothers collected money and did a group gift for her teachers - which was great.  But we still had Hadley's two teachers and I kinda forgot about that until this week - whoops!  So we headed out to Lowes on Wednesday and scrounged through the plant section and was luckily able to find two succulents in decent shape.



Originally I'd hoped to find clay pots to paint but the store didn't have any in the size we needed so I moved onto plan B and used the same "technique" on the plastic planters as I did on the this little bench makeover.




I used a circle punch on some cute metallic notecards I had and attached those to painted popsicle sticks that we stuck into the dirt of each plant.  Maybe not the most Christmasy gift ever, but I know I love getting plants as gifts (especially low maintenance ones) so hopefully her teachers liked them too!

xo!
Kendra Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...