photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

May 22, 2014

Mo Willems ~ "A Custom Pigeon Pillow"

I have yet to find a child who is not hooked on the Mo Willem's series of Pigeon books.  And, as a former English teacher, I know how important it is to read for pleasure at any age!



When Cloud 9 came out with their organic pattern line, I couldn't wait! 
I first made "reading poufs" for my grandchildren (diy available here).


And when Kendra asked me to make a custom personalized pillow for her sweet friend Belinda's daughter (a big Mo Willem's fan), I knew just what I would do.  The outside panels would be in two print which would boarder white fabric ~ perfect for personalization.


The cording would then be in the striped fabric cut on the bias.
No, I wasn't finished ~ our birthday girl, Glen Lake, needed the pigeon himself ~ so I cut pieces for the applique and sewed him on!

 
 

The end result was just what I wanted...


...and I am thrilled with how the colors work in a beautiful little girl's bedroom! 


 Hope you enjoy!  ♥ Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...