photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

February 27, 2015

Spinch Beef Barley Soup

Memories of my childhood ~ delicious smells from the Italian basement kitchen of my grandmother's house.  That large area was where pasta was made and hung to dry, pizzeles and bows were baked and fried, and soup was simmered.
I love when my husband walks into the kitchen and says, "Boy, something smells good in here!"
 
Today it was beef and barley soup with vegetables...



 
 

To me soup is a great day to deal with the cold.  A bowl with bread in front of the fireplace (with a glass of red wine) is perfect comfort food.



Many recipes suggest a cockpot, but I like to watch the ingredients blend together on top of the stove.

 
 
The result was perfectly satisfying!









Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...