photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

March 2, 2015

Roasted Chick Peas

Hi there and happy Monday!  Another day, another day off for the girls - this time a sheet of ice has covered every surface making walking nearly impossible.  These kids are going to be in school until the Fourth of July at the this rate! 

Today I'm sharing my favorite healthy snack, side dish and salad add-on that I haven't gotten sick of yet - even after eating it (in some form) a few times a week for the last two months.  Roasted chick peas!!  I have always loved them on salads and in hummus but until recently I had never cooked them.  Roasted chick peas become crunchy when roasted and the combo of that and salt is darn near perfect!  If you haven't tried them already you should - find out how below!



+1 Can Chick Peas (drained and rinsed well)
+2 TBSP Olive Oil (I actually don't measure this - I just drizzle it over until they seemed coated)
+Large pinch of Sea Salt (I love using this)
+Sprinkle of Pepper (optional)

Set your oven to 400.  Once you have drained and rinsed the chick peas lay them on a tea towel or paper towel for a few minutes to soak up the moisture.  Once they seem dry transfer them to a shallow baking dish and add the olive oil, salt and pepper.  Mix everything with your hands, making sure that the chick peas are evenly coated. 
Set your timer for 30 minutes stirring them half way through so they roast evenly.
I usually turn the oven off at 30 minutes and then leave them in the cooling oven for another 10-15 minutes. 
Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...