photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

September 2, 2011

Found - Spoonflower

Have you heard of Spoonflower?  I "found" it about six months ago - and am so happy I did.  Spoonflower is site where you can design, print and sell your own fabric.  Isn't that great?  So, if you have a very specific idea for a fabric that you want and can't find it anywhere all you need is a little design know-how and BAM! you have your own custom fabric!  And if you think other people will love it as much as you do you can go ahead and make it available for sale on the site.


I love owls and this fabric is one of my favorites.

A simple pretty Moroccan design.

I decided to try it out for myself in April. I wanted to give my Mom (Layla and Hadley's Noni) and truly unique and personal gift from her granddaughter (this was pre-Hadley).  So I decided to design and purchase a yard of fabric from Spoonflower so that she could make something special for the the two of them.  I know, I know I put her work for her own Mother's Day gift! 


Wouldn't this print be fun as a kitchen drawer liner?


I can totally see this fabric as pillows!


Let me first tell you that I am not all that savvy with design programs - we have a PC for goodness sake! But I found that I was still able to create and this fun little pattern in Word.

Layla + Noni = Love!


Here's what a yard looks like.

As you have read here my Mom loves to cook so it was only natural that she made matching aprons for both she and Layla. 



Making pancakes at the shore.

Love the red and white polka dot fabric trim!



Adorable fabric flower - you might remember that from here.

Didn't they turn out so cute?!? Stay tuned for a follow up post to this one and this one about how to make these matching big and little aprons.

Oh and here is a sneak peek at the latest fabric I'm working on.

Funny faces.

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...