photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

December 6, 2011

A Dining Chair Makeover

Hi there!  I mentioned here that I was feverishly working on the dining room before our big Thanksgiving get together.  And one of the big challenges we faced before everyone came was figuring out not only where everyone was going to sit but what they were going to sit on!

At the end of October we bought a dark rustic wood table that I absolutely love. It was just the right combination of weathered/chic. The table had matching chairs that we could have gotten but I don't like things to be too matchy-matchy and didn't want to over do it with a lot dark furniture in our smallish dining room.  So I started looking on craigslist to find six inexpensive chairs that we could modify to fit exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a before photo but below is what I found.  Six dark chairs with cream seats that were around $30/each.   I liked the shape, the condition and the fact that we were buying them from a military family about the go overseas - win win!


Made in Italy, super sturdy and not too formal.

Scott undertook the monumental task of priming, spray painting (using Rustoleum's Heirloom White) and sealing all of the chairs before the big holiday dinner.  I took on the daunting challenge of finding fabric that would look good against the gold/cream rug and bluish/gray walls in the room. DwellStudio's Gate in Jade was my favorite and ended up looking great!


Love the brightness they add to the room.



 Dark table + light chairs = modern rustic!


Loving this room now - except that "chandelier" needs a serious makeover!


Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out great! I have some chairs to redo but I was thinking of stripping them and then using stain. But I'll keep your info about painting handy in case I change my mind. TFS

Melody said...

Great chair make-over! I love the fabric you used.

I think it's hilarious that you mentioned the chandelier needing a make-over because that same chandelier used to be in my parent's house and my sisters were always begging them to get a new one (till they did)

The Robbins & Co said...

wow, it looks great! your dining room is so bright and cheery.

is the rug made of carpet squares? love that, too!

i recovered my dining chairs (didn't paint them though) and was surprised at how modern a room can look with new fabric seats!

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama.com said...

I'm in love with your dining room! Where did you get your curtains? Or did you make them? If you did, what fabric is that?

Home Stars said...

beautiful dining room. thanks for posting them.
Wooden Table And Chairs
Kitchen Tables On Sale
Best Furniture Stores In Denver
Casual Dining Room Sets
Mattress Stores Denver

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...