photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

March 1, 2012

Chef Tea Towel

My husband and I are traveling to see my son and his family this weekend ~ am I excited!  Knowing how much Billy and Emily like to cook, I decided to make a "Chef Tea Towel" for their kitchen.

I had made a Pork Section towel using the idea that I saw here


I adapted the ideas using the design I wanted.
First, I collected my supplies:
 2 computer print outs of the chef design
 a large embroidery hoop ~ mine had a 12" diameter
 fabric markers
 flour sack dish towel


I inverted the hoop so that the design was flat against my table.



Using the black fabric marker, I drew the outline of the design.  Since it was a little difficult to see all of the fine lines, I kept referring to the second design I had printed.



Once I was satisfied, I added my colors.



The ink needed a few hours to dry, and my towel was complete.




Love it ~ may have to make one for myself (:







Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...