photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

June 26, 2012

DIY Yarn Poms

I have seen cute little poms everywhere - Etsy, Pinterest - used it a lot of different ways - garland, gift embellishments or "flowers".  I was always curious about how to make them so when I saw this post on I knew I had to give them a try.

I had some yarn left over from this project but I also wanted to get some solid, pretty colors too.  So I picked these three up at Michaels for $1.99 each.

Coraly pink, buttery yellow and lime green.


I followed the tutorial video Ez posted (see end of this post) step by step until I finally - after lots of "shaping" - created these little poms!


They make great gift box toppers.

Or they look cute just hanging out in a pile on the mantel.



And they look especially lovely when they are encircling a vase of hydrangea.

I highly recommend watching the video below and giving these a try!



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...