photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

June 12, 2012

A Mini Terrarium

Last week I shared a few photos of my Memorial Day yard sale finds and today I thought I'd show you what I did with one those items.



I think this glass dome was a cheese tray in a previous life, but I thought it would be a great piece to incorporate into our family room as a display piece.

So to start, I painted the bottom wood part black and then just added a tiny white ceramic vase, two dried billy buttons (that had broken off the stem and were super short) and some moss.




I put a bit of sand at the bottom of the vase to hold the stems of the billy buttons in place and that was it!



A cute little pop of color under a glass dome - no maintenance required!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...