photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

August 6, 2012

Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Muffins

Hope you all had a great weekend!  Layla and I worked on a few art projects and we all spent some time cooling off at a friend's pool - my idea of a perfect weekend!

As I mentioned here, I have been on a baking kicking lately.  So while I was making dinner on Saturday night I had a craving for oatmeal cinnamon muffins.  My Mom used to make these when we were growing up and I LOVED them.  I tweaked the recipe a bit by adding strawberries for some summery freshness.  They turned out great and were so good!



Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
2 cups chopped strawberries (or blueberries)

Crumble Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 rolled oats
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350º. Line muffin pan with paper muffin liners or grease with shortening.

To prepare crumble topping mix with sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon with a fork.  I use my hands to get it fully incorporated so that it has the texture of wet sand. This makes a generous amount of crumble - I think the more the better!

For the muffins whisk together in a small bowl flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold in strawberries.

Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with crumble topping.

Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Makes 12  muffins.




My little taste tester said they tasted "like summer". I couldn't agree more!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...