photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 15, 2012

Painting Flowers - Literally!

Hello!  Last week I posted a few photos of the updates to our little powder room.  One of the things I added was this bunch of dried poppies I found on Etsy.  Dried flowers can either be super tacky and grandmom-ish or they can be cute, modern and cool - like the even popular billy buttons.  These were somewhere in between, in my opinion, so I decided to freshen them up a bit with one of the paints I used for this project that just so happened to match the corally-red in the powder room!


Paint brush, a few stems and paint.
 I simply brushed a small amount of the paint on the tops of some and the sides of others, so there would be variation and just a pop of color here and there.


Love it!


 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...