photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

March 21, 2013

Repurposed Anthropologie Sack

Two purchases I made recently from Anthropologie arrived in adorable zippered pouches.  They were way too cute to discard, but I really couldn't think of a use for them until I remembered how my little Layla and Hadley like to carry their "special treasures."  The perfect solution ~ little personalized carry bags for the girls. 
Today I am going to show what I did for Hadley; next week I will feature Layla's little bag.




My shower curtain arrived in this white pouch ~


I decided that a few pink flowers would brighten it.  I cut petals from solid pink and pink polka dotted cotton.  I was able to just fold in the bottom edges of the solid pink.


Since I wanted to be sure that the polka dots showed, I pinched the bottom of the remaining petals.


And pressed all of the petals so that they would remain folded.  Since the original petals on the bag were frayed, I kept mine the same.



I began randomly inserting the petals into the top of the existing flower.


Then I added the middle petals.  When I was satisfied with the placement, I hand tacked each petal at the top and bottom.


The middle still looked a little plain, so I decided to add a fabric covered button.


To make the bag special for Hadley, I appliqued an "H" using the technique I used for my Halloween place mats.

Hope my little girl finds lots of special stuff to store in her little bag!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...