photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

May 16, 2013

Hadley's Farm Birthday Party Recap

Hello! This post is a bit late but they are too cute not to share!  We had a lovely day and the weather was perfect that plus few of Layla and Hadley's friends and our families made it a wonderful birthday celebration!

Hadley loves animals and making animal sounds, so when we were deciding what kind of 2nd birthday party to have for her a farm party seemed like a fun idea.  I made the invitations and most of the decorations and found lots of great barn-themed items at Michaels and Target - so the prep work was pretty easy!


All the party supplies.


I made the invitations by printing out a clip art barn I found online, cutting a "T" across the top and down the middle of the barn door and backed it with scrapbook paper I printed the party info on.

I keep the balloons simple. I made the white ones into cows using black tissue paper spots, the yellow ones turned into chicks with orange tissue beaks and googly eyes, pink ones into pigs with curly pipe cleaner tails.

I added a few roosters as well!

I had two photos of Hadley on her tractor blown up at Staples (engineer prints)  and hung those on the wall.  I used this fabric as a tablecloth on the kids table - love how it look with the vintage rooster and buttercups picked by Layla.


I loved these paper hot dog holders I found in the dollar section of Target, the watering can held wooden utensils.


 
The girls' Papa (my Dad) enjoying the beautiful weather!


I used a similar drink station at Layla's party but this time I added a garden shovel to scoop ice and a plate of sweet tea "fixings" to add little something extra!

On the menu: sliders, hot dogs, pasta salad and fruit.  We used a few of Scott's childhood tractors as party decor and garden shovels and rakes were used as serving utensils.

Party girls eating lunch!



The girls decorated birdhouses with stickers.

Hadley requested a pig cake and I think this turned out pretty darn cute!  I used two 9" cake pans and two 6" pans layered with pink cream cheese frosting (the cake was strawberry) marshmallow snout, eyes, ears and hooves dyed pink! Chocolate chip eyes and melted choclate for the mouth.

The birthday girl!!

After cake there was watermelon - lots and lots of watermelon!


The favors! I filled berry baskets tied with red gingham ribbon with farm-themed pads, a silly straw and animal cookie cutters.

It was a super happy birthday for sure!!
 
xo!
Kendra Pin It

1 comment:

Nanbebe13 said...

What a precious baby! I love all these ideas-what fun it must have been for everyone!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...