photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

September 27, 2013

A Yummy Smoothie and Salad

Hi there!  So I mentioned earlier this week that I've been on a bit of a health kick lately (that I hope turns into a lifestyle) and we all have been eating better as a result.  My two favorites things lately have been my breakfast Banana Avocado smoothie and a Sweet Potato Kale salad for lunch!


 
 
 Banana Avocado Smoothie
(1) Frozen Banana
1/2 Ripe Avocado
(1) TBS Almond Butter

I throw all of the above into the blender and then cover with a combination of Almond Milk and Coconut Milk. I also add a scoopful of this protein powder.
Blend well - the end result with be super thick like a milkshake - without any of the guilt!!




Sweet Potato & Kale Salad
Kale (trimmed from the stem)
(1) Small Sweet Potato
Handful of Walnuts
Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds

I make my own balsamic vinaigrette by mixing up Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (good) Balsamic Vinegar and pinch of sea salt.  Toss together and enjoy!!

YUM!!
Happy Friday!!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...