photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

October 9, 2013

DIY Ping Pong Table

There aren't many things in life that can bring two little girls as much happiness and giggles as little ping pong table that just magically appeared one day!  The fact that it cost less than $12 - even better!

I mentioned in Monday's post, about going on a vintage barn crawl with Natalie and Cheryl.  Well, Cheryl is also a lover of all things crafty and unique (she is a retired art teacher after all!) so when she no longer needed the trestle table below, she offered it to me and I quickly said Yes! 

At the time, I wasn't sure where it was going to go but I had just finished up the basement playroom and was thinking that maybe a craft table outside (in the garage) during the Summer would be good for the girls and I.   So I painted it with leftover chalkboard paint to make it more durable and forgiving for all the crafting to come.

BEFORE





Well the summer went on and this cute little table became more of a hold-whatever-stuff-doesn't-have-a storage-spot, where we threw everything from the girls inflatable pool to old planters.  And it was really beginning to annoy me!  I spent a lot of time thinking about what I could do with it to make it useful instead of just taking up space but nothing really took.  That was until Scott's birthday rolled around last month and bingo - ping pong table - fun for the whole family!






I found the table net and paddle set here (it appears to no longer be on sale).  The net adjusts to the depth and width of your table so it was super easy to set up and can be used anywhere.  And the chalkboard top makes it easy to keep score!

It's smaller than a standard-sized table which makes it a bit more challenging for competitive adults (ahem) but it's the perfect size for two pint-sized girls who love whacking the balls - everywhere: )

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...