photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

October 8, 2013

Tasty Kale Pesto

Kale has become very trendy, and there are recipes from chips to desserts!   I realized it was time for me to get onto the healthy food kick too!  Kendra posted recipes for a kale and sweet potato salad and a kale smoothie; now it was my turn.
Yesterday I decided to add  kale to a basil pesto, and the results were delicious!


In a blender I chopped approximately 1 1/2 cups of basil and 1 1/2 cups of kale.  To that I added 4 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup pine nuts, and salt/pepper. 


I slowly added virgin olive oil and pulsed until everything was well blended. 
Once my pasta was cooked, I added the pesto.


And a delicious dinner was ready!


Hope you enjoy!  ♥

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...