photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 18, 2013

Brightening Up the Stairs

Hello!  I shared pretty photos of the girls' playroom here and here but what I didn't share was the staircase leading down to the basement.  Mostly because it was dark and dungeony-looking and I knew it was going to take me awhile to brighten it up.  But now, a few month later, after lots of glossy white paint and Advil I was able to transform the walls and stairs into an entrance befitting the lovely basement playroom it leads to. 

BEFORE


AFTER




I love Shel Silverstein and the line above is part of  his poem 'Invitation'.

I made the tassel garland out of neon twine from Lowes and the mini airplanes from map paper from my Etsy shop.

 
 
 
 
Definitely a huge improvement! Amazing how white paint can make a space feel so much bigger and lighter!
 
Tomorrow I will share the view going up the stairs - one word  - ombre!
 
xo!
Kendra

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...