photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 19, 2013

Ombre Stairs

Hello!  Yesterday I shared before and after photos of the stairs leading down to the basement playroom.  Today,  the before and after view of the stairs going up! 

I had wanted to try the ombre painting effect ever since seeing it done on this dresser.    And once I was finished painting over all that dark paneling I knew the risers of the basement stairs needed to be painted in pretty shades of pink/coral. 

I just started with my base color (Navajo Red - deck stain) and simply added white paint to it - a little more for each riser going up. Not very scientific but it saved me from finding 13 containers to mix paint in for each stair. 

BEFORE



AFTER




 
 
 
 




Another quote from Shel Silverstein over the door.
Very happy with how it turned out!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...