May 19, 2013

Playroom Makeover - Part 2

Hello All!  A few weeks ago I shared the photos of the finished basement playroom project/makeover I had been working on.  But that was just half (well more like three quarters) of the story!  The other side of the basement - the area in front of the sliders and next to Scott's gym needed some work too.  I wanted this area to include some things that were special to Scott and I, as well as incorporating a craft space for the girls (and me).  I didn't want to spend a lot of money or time on space so I made made or re-used almost everything you see.  I'll follow this post up next week with a few tutorials and item sources.

Here is the BEFORE photo of this area (as in before we lived here):



More wood paneling that I oddly don't hate.  We had considered painting it but after hanging colorful art on it I liked the way it looked - like rustic cabin meets playful??!

Here is the AFTER:


 

Here is the BEFORE of the large paneled wall on the right:



And the same wall AFTER:

I love how the colors in the scalloped paint card garland I made match perfectly with the World Cities calendar I used as wall art.


Last one - Shelves closest to the slider BEFORE:



And AFTER:


My craft storage/work area.  I backed the shelves with wrapping paper - like I did here - and now I can work on orders for my shop while Layla and Hadley play close by.  I found the vintage crotcheted rug on etsy!

A few more shots of this now more colorful and functional little area - I love it!

Small craft space for Layla and Hadley.  Stocked and ready with art supplies.
I made those pillows in about 10 minutes.


An corner to display of the girls' artwork.
Shelves with some of Scott's books and collections.
The military portrait was a thrift store find!


 


My super easy DIY bear rug.
 
Enjoying the view.
 
What do you think?

 
Pin It

1 comment:

priya sharma said...

Freelance Best Makeup & Hair Artist in Jaipur with huge experience and Specialization in Bridal and Wedding Makeup,Celebrity Makeup,Professional Makeup,Creative Makeup,Bollywood Makeup..
Fiza Makeup Academy
Fiza Makeup and Hair Artist
Wedding Makeup Artist in jaipur
Bridal Makeup Artist in jaipur
Professional Makeup Artist in jr jaipur
Hair and Makeup Artist in jaipur
Celebrity Makeup Artist in jaipur
Creative Makeup Artist in jaipur
Bollywood Makeup Artist in jaipur
Character Makeup Artist in jaipur
Fiza Makeup Academy Rajasthan
Freelance Bridal Makeup Artist in jaipur
Top 10 beautyparlor in jaipur
Top 10 beautyparlor in rajasthan
Top 10 beautyparlor in india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...