photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

January 9, 2014

Felt Valentine Hearts

Christmas has passed, and suddenly it is time to begin decorating for Valentine's Day.  All the love we experienced over the holidays will now be made into heart cards, heart desserts, heart prints, heart garland.....
On this freezing day in the Northeast, I thought I would get a little head start.  I have seen these little felt hearts on Pinterest, and I decided to give them a try.




Supplies:
Felt ~ your choice of colors
Scissors
Sewing machine

I had red and white felt in my craft basket ~ and it was way too cold to go to the store (:


I cut two 4" wide strips of each color ~ I didn't worry about the length since I would be cutting them to size.

First, with the wrong sides of the felt together, I sewed a 1/4" seam.


I turned it inside out and sewed a 1/4" seam on the opposite side with the right sides together.


It will look like a "heart tube."  With scissors, I cut the hearts.  I made some 1" thick and some 1/2" thick.



Now that I had my hearts, I began thinking of various uses for them ~ garland ~ a 3D addition to a Valentine's card ~ a cute little gift tag topper.



This beautiful Valentine paper is available for free here


A great way to "spread the love"  ♥




Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...