photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

March 16, 2015

Bolognese Sauce with Fresh Pasta

I truly could eat pasta everyday of the week!  I love marinara sauce and fresh tomato sauce, but my husband's favorite is Bolognese. 

Yesterday I decided to bring out the Kitchen Aid pasta maker that Kendra had given to me and make a truly homemade Italian meal. 

I remember my Italian grandmother trying to teach me to make pasta. I wanted to write down specific measurements ~ she just laughed and said "you will know by feeling" ....

 
A friend gave me a great Bolognese recipe, and I used the this recipe for the pasta.  Think my husband was happy with the results!

First ingredients:  lean ground beef (I used organic), but a combination of beef and pork would be perfect too ~ chopped carrots and onions and crushed garlic.



Brown meat...


Add additional ingredients, and simmer away..


While it was cooking, I made the pasta...

 
Topped with cheese and served with crusty bread for a perfect Sunday dinner!





Recipe...





Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...