photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

March 12, 2015

Current Obsession - Farmhouse Rag Rugs

Hi there!  Today I thought I'd share a little purchase I made - which was intended to be repurposed into a wall hanging for my shop - that ended up becoming our kitchen rug.


I had planned to cut this vintage rug in half and make into two weavings,  but once it arrived I fell in love with the colors and imperfections in it.  And it fit perfectly in front of our kitchen sink.



A few weeks ago, I bought another super long rag rug runner, intending to use it in same way, but when it arrived I had second thoughts and now it's for sale in the vintage section of my shop.  If I had somewhere to put it I would totally be keeping it!


 
I love the worn look of these rugs and that colors are muted in some spots and bright in others.  There are also a lot of prints running through the rugs which makes them more special and unique.



They are soft underfoot and make any space feel a little bit more cozy - at least they do here!


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...