photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

December 13, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Bark

Last night Layla and I ventured out into the cold to deliver yummy Christmas gifts to a few of our favorite neighbors.  Since creating things in the kitchen is not my forte I decided to stick with a simple, no fail recipe for chocolate bark with a couple add-ins. 

It actually turned out pretty great and the DIY packaging completed the happy holiday vibe I was going for:)

We made four kinds.
1.White Chocolate Peppermint 2. Almond 3. S'mores (my favorite) 4. Pretzel

You only need a few ingredients, parchment paper and some patience.

You will melt the chocolate - I used Ghiradelli semi sweet chips - with a double boiler and once melted pour it out onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Then just sprinkle on the add-ins of your choice!


Then all you have to do is wait for the chocolate to harden at room temperature.
This is the hard part!

After I cut the bark into bars (see first photo) I stacked the four varieties and wrapped them up with parchment paper and pretty washi tape.
Next I got my supplies together for the bag. Brown lunch bags, more washi tape,
mini clothespins and some cute printable holiday labels.*

After placing the treats in the bag I sealed it with a
piece of washi tape, and clipped the gift tag on with a clothespin.

All packed and ready to go!



*Lots more free printable holiday labels can be found here!
Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...