photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 8, 2012

An Entry Update

Hello!  Our entry is one of those spots in the house that is easy to tweak because there isn't a lot of space to do much.  You may remember from this post that I painted the inside of the door bright yellow and added a pretty runner. And this post where I made a diy piece of "art" to hang on one of the walls flanking the door.

 


Those updates made a difference but I always felt like the glass and brass hanging light fixture kinda negated the happy feeling I was going for.  So on a recent trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law in New Canaan, CT I found this beautifully weird and colorful lantern that I had initially intended to hang in the girl's library but quickly decided that it would look great in the entry.

 
I just look apart the old fixture by unscrewing a few screws and removing the glass and I was then able to slip the lantern over the existing light (I replaced the regular bulbs with cold bulbs) and that was it!
The other addition to the entry is the long mirror with hooks that my sister gave me (yay!) since didn't have a place to hang it in her new apartment.  So I gave it a quick coat of white paint and spray painted the chrome hooks oil rubbed bronze.  The little "clouds" sitting on the ledge of the mirror are actually flower shaped wall frames you might remember from here that I just cut in half.

I especially love how the lantern looks lit up at night!



Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...