photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

November 9, 2012

Pinterest Challenge - Scrapbook Paper Lampshade

The Pinterest idea for a Lampshade Make-over comes from Martha Stewart.  It was a fun project, and I like the way the paper gives the light a muted glow.


I looked for semi-transparent scrapbook paper, and I really liked the look of this citron seersucker stripe. 


I followed Martha's directions, folding every 1/2".  The texture of the paper made it difficult to get sharp lines.  I also found that I had to punch holes at every fold rather than every four ~ maybe it is time to get a new hole puncher!


I threaded ribbon similar in color to the paper and drew the folds inward.  A little bow at the end, and my lampshade was complete!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...