photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

February 23, 2015

Reworked Vintage

Hi!  Hope you had a great weekend...ours was snowier than expected but the girls loved it and I got a little quiet time while Scott took them outside to play.  I was finally able to finish this book - which was really good and sad.

Today, I thought I'd share the latest addition to my Etsy shop - woven wall hangings.  I start out using a vintage piece as the base, the two below were rag rugs, and then update/embellish them by adding yarn of varying thickness and color.  When I started this post on Friday night the top one was available to purchase but it sold Saturday morning which was kind of exciting because it was my first listing like this!




The piece below I made for our front living room/kids library.  You might remember I had arrows made out of paint chip samples there before.  I decided this little corner needed to be brighter and simpler so this woven piece with it's flat cream base and shocks of color here and there does the trick.





Now, since my first piece sold, I'm on the hunt for new vintage pieces!  Wish me luck!

Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...