photo about_zps9b9a046a.png  photo before_zps57f47fad.png  photo Untitled_zps486d62b9.png  photo recipes_zps93a1c386.png  photo tutorials_zps7aa74d09.png

June 29, 2012

Dandelion Embroidery Hoop - Pinterest Challenge Friday

I felt that I needed a little more color on one of my bookshelves.  One trip to Pinterest ... and I decided that a small embroidery hoop would give me size and color flexibility.  Just a little green and white would be perfect, and I found it with a dainty little dandelion.



The design was purchased here.


Once the emboidery was complete, it was time to finish it neatly.
Since I was using a 6" emboidery hoop for my final display, I used an erasable pen to make a circle on the outside of an 8" hoop.  Better for me to have to cut off extra fabric than to be short!



 circle drawn and cut..



For my hoop back, I drew circles using my 6" hoop on the back of raindrop fabric that I had used for pillows.  This time I drew my circle on the inside of the hoop. I drew the same size circle on double sided adhesive interfacing (this added stiffness), and cut both.





I ironed the backing fabric to the interfacing.



I carefully put the emboidered piece into the hoop and made sure that it was taunt.



I did have extra fabric ~ no problem ~ I could trim it later.


It was time to insert the backing ~ covers up a lot (: 




Now I could trim the extra fabric.



Just perfect with my paint chip artwork and green vase!




  
Pin It

1 comment:

Tisha said...

I'm currently working on an embroidery for myself and have been researching how to make the back look nice. I love your simple, clean-looking fabric placed on the back. Thanks for sharing this tidbit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...